|Version 99 (modified by rakshasa, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Welcome to the libTorrent and rTorrent Project
- rTorrent - The ncurses client
- libTorrent - The BitTorrent library
- Mailing lists
LibTorrent is a BitTorrent library written in C++ for *nix, with a focus on high performance and good code. The library differentiates itself from other implementations by transfering directly from file pages to the network stack. On high-bandwidth connections it is able to seed at 3 times the speed of the official client.
RTorrent and libTorrent packages are both available for the following Operating Systems and Distributions:
- Debian : in Debian testing/unstable: "apt-get install rtorrent"; see latest version on libTorrent and rTorrent.
- Fedora : Run "yum install rtorrent" or "yum install libtorrent" to install (it's in Fedora Extra's)
- Gentoo : in Portage; see latest version on libTorrent and rTorrent.
- Mandriva Linux : the latest packages are available from the Cooker contribs.
- SUSE Linux : available from a third party repository; latest packages on libTorrent and rTorrent
- Ubuntu : in Ubuntu Dapper; see latest version on libTorrent and rTorrent.
- ArchLinux : in the Arch User-community Repository; see latest version on libTorrent and rTorrent.
- Crux : in the Crux Ports DB; see latest version on libTorrent and rTorrent.
- Lunar-Linux : in the moonbase; to install just "lin rtorrent"
- Sourcemage GNU/Linux : do a "cast rtorrent" or "cast libtorrent"
- FreeBSD : in FreshPorts; see latest version on libTorrent and rTorrent.
- NetBSD : in pkgsrc; net/rtorrent.
- OpenBSD : in ports; net/libtorrent and net/rtorrent respectively.
- OpenDarwin : in ports; net/libtorrent and net/rtorrent respectively.
Please report any package related problems to the package maintainers. Listing of a package here does not imply it has been tested or approved by the author.
The code is still going through very active development and each release may, or may not, be stable. This is not the same libtorrent project as the one found on SourceForge.
Feel free to add content as I'm probably not going to write much ATM. Some kind of user guide would be really nice. By commiting tickets, wiki changes, etc. on this site you agree to license them under the GNU GPL. Remember to add a short comment describing the changes. Some pages are locked, feel free to mail me with any changes.
This project is developed by Jari "Rakshasa" Sundell, a student of computer science, math and japanese at the University of Oslo. He can be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org or # email@example.com. If you like this project and would like to support the author then consider donating through one of the links in the lower left corner.
<Demitar> thelsdj, and it's so efficient you'll be blown off your feet. :)